Monday, May 9, 2011

Sunday - 8.5.11

Strange sensation a while back. Not sure what else to do but write about it. It's 11.24 PM.

Got back on the computer a while back and started on part-time work - to complete the last set of alignments before the exam break. Got through a couple of items and somewhere along the middle, my mind gravitated to a song I wanted to remember but couldn't. The song was written by a student in my school, who was some years my senior, and he had set it to music too. He had performed it in front of the school.

It was a beautiful song. It was listed in a collection of songs the choir published for assemblies and performances.

Couldn't remember the name of the song. I had sung it with the rest of the choir. I tried to remember the words but they eluded me. I tried to remember the tune but could only hear it vaguely in my head. Couldn't put my finger on it.

Decided to google it - thought it might be listed somewhere online. I remembered the name of the boy. Keyed it in and waited. Got a list of pages. The first was a blog entry written by a friend of his.

It said that he had committed suicide some years back. He was studying architecture.

***

Feel uncertain about what happened today. Feel stunned.

Not sure why the song came to me today.

I remember the title now.

4 comments:

oh look, stars! said...

I know what that feeling is! Once a friend of mine was playing this song and I had never heard it before, the first time itself.. I loved it and then he told me the story behind that song , about a guy's unrequited love and how he died 15 days after composing that song - the name of that song was how I felt after knowing the history behind it.. emptiness, that's all.

Furree Katt said...

This is heartbreaking.

Gideon Mathson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arjun Rajkhowa said...

What strikes you sometimes is the distance between you and the person concerned. Despite that, you realize that you are connected to people through memories or songs or pieces of them you remember and you associate with.