Stress

Stress can be quite tough to handle. A very few people have the capacity to endure difficulty without much mental agony, and most people suffer immensely. There's very little you can do when something terrible happens and it's completely out of your control. There's a lot of pressure that comes with feeling powerless to change things. In a system where you are not afforded protection against the effects of arbitrary events and occurences, you are bound to feel more stressed and pressured than if you had a sense that events beyond your control wouldn't impact you. Yet they do. There are many things that will damage or hurt you, directly or indirectly, and you will need to be strong to overcome them. Many times I have heard it said that one should remain calm in the face of difficulty. I have come to realize that I cannot be calm or at peace; that I am highly prone to pressurizing myself, and that's just who I am. It's least helpful but stress comes to me almost automatically and that's how I deal with problems. I endure the most restive, unproductive, stifling but ultimately necessary kind of stress until I know that I've reached a kind of resolution.

Comments